Sunday 27 July 2014

my top three youtube channels to watch.

I've been a fully fledged YouTube addict for the last few months or so and in this time have subscribed to a fair few channels.
Some of these have become well loved and I am so happy on days when they upload new videos... I'm often found watching them whilst I do long photo / video edits at work and am in need of a little entertainment.
I've learnt so much from these ladies over the past few months, they have guided me into the ways of all things fashion, beauty and lifestyle and their beautifully shot and edited videos have brightened up some very boring days. I now know how to contour and highlight (an essential for girls with chubby cheeks!), how to make tissue paper garlands for a party and I feel like I'm starting to develop my own personal style.

So if you're just starting out as a YouTube subscriber, check out some as these amazing ladies for inspiration and giggles.


1. ViviannaDoesMakeup



I had to put Anna as my number one didn't I. For a start, she is literally the epitome of down to earth and so unaware of the fact that she stunningly beautiful... With her dark hair shiny hair and glowing skin.
Her make up look videos are always classic and wearable and her weekly vlogs are just hilarious. I love catching up on what she's been up to, living in London with her boyfriend Mark.
The fact that they are massive foodies is awesome as well, I'm constantly noting down places I want to eat in London that feature in her videos.
I also adore her sense of style, she is so understated and classy but in a very laid back way... Check out her Summer lookbook here, she makes seasonal capsule wardrobes to die for. 


2. essiebutton



Literally, the best vlogger on the planet.

Estee and her little family are adorable... Her boyfriend Aslan and their dog Reggie Button feature regularly in her vlogs.
Her house, again in London, is the epitome of laid back chic. The white wooden floors, the glossy kitchen and the stylish classic pieces of furniture make me so envious. Their place is literally like somewhere out of a Living Magazine, it's stunning yet lived in and full of character.

I know that it's predominantly Estee's channel, but I also like to watch the DIY videos from Aslan. This one where he made a desk from scratch was awesome... I showed it to Gareth straight away and was like looooook, Aslan made Estee a desk... He must love her! Haha

This girl sells the London city girl lifestyle in a big way... Mornings shopping at Bourough market and impromptu date nights eating ramen. I so want to live in London because of this girl! She's another foodie, there's a pattern developing here, and again I end up noting down countless restaurants I want to pay a visit to after watching Estee's videos.


3. Tanya Burr



Now, I couldn't write a post about YouTube and not include Tanya. She is literally the Queen of YouTubers.
I started off watching her make up videos and soon got addicted, her Lily Collins look is one of my absolute favourites. The way she does make up is literally flawless and most of her looks are so wearable too. She recently launched her own make up line and I've bought a few pieces from it... Picnic in the Park is one of my favourite summer lip glosses and they're so reasonably priced, I'd highly recommend them.

I also love Tanya's haul videos, that girl loves Topshop just as much as I do. Whilst her style isn't my favourite, we have quite similar body shapes so I get a lot of tips from her. Tanya's red carpet looks however are always pretty awesome, they're quirky yet classic at the same time. Gives me ideas for event dressing and wishing that I had places to go where I can dress totally over the top.
Anyway, I've got so many tips from watching her... The only downside being that I now spend a small fortune on make up and it takes me hours to get ready... Sorry Gareth!

I must sneakily mention Pixiwoo in here. I found them through Tanya Burr... Tanya is engaged to Jim Chapman who is the brother of Sam Chapman, one half of Pixiwoo. They're solely a make up based channel and do the most awesome celebrity look videos, I love the more wacky ones from Sam too. She has a bit of an inner goth, just like me :) So if you're wanting to watch all things make up, go look them up.


So there you have it, my top three YouTube channels to watch. There's a nice mix here with these three, you'll get hauls, vlogs, how to's, make up looks, DIY and generally all things beauty and hair.
Don't get me wrong, I do love watching all of the most popular channels... Like Zoe from Zoella and Louise from Sprinkleofglitter... But I just feel that these top three are my absolute faves, so go check them out :)

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment