Sunday 8 June 2014

glossybox continued.




Here is the second post in my Glossybox series. I’ll be talking about April and May in this one. I’m definitely still loving them and one of the boxes was even free! I’ll explain later, but for now… Have a little read about the products I received.

April

He-shi Face & Body Tanning Gel, Monuspa Waming Ginger Massage & Body Oil, MeMeMe Beat the Blues Peal Pink Iridescent Complexion Illuminator & Highlighter, Emite Make Up L312 Brush, Tresemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo
Now the fake tan instantly made me laugh – I don’t wear fake tan full stop, never mind in a medium shade?! I definitely said on the initial preferences questionnaire that I was fair / pale skinned. So this is free to a good home… If anyone wants it, just send me a tweet or similar. Apparently it’s quite a good brand, I’ve seen the girls from Pixiwoo using it.
The Tresemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo I have used up already. I’m an avid user of dry shampoo… Having naturally curly hair, my hair can sometimes look dull and slightly greasy the day after a wash and blow dry, so I love using dry shampoo for an ‘instant refresh’ and a bit of added volume. This was wasn’t my favourite, I usually use Batiste, but there wasn’t anything particularly wrong with it as such.
Again, I’ve used up all of the Monuspa Waming Ginger Massage & Body Oil already. I’m a lover of baths when I’m stressed or when my back pain gets unbearable. I loved the strong ginger smell, it lingered in the bathroom for quite a while afterwards… Lingered in a good way if that’s possible? Anyway, it was gorgeous in the bath but also when used on my skin in the shower. It left me feeling refreshed and soft skinned. I went to look at purchasing some, but £26 for 100ml – wow!
The MeMeMe Beat the Blues Peal Pink Iridescent Complexion Illuminator & Highlighter, what a long name… This has become another firm favourite of mine. I was using the Benefit High Beam as a highlighter, but this one beats it hands down. It’s a much lighter texture and I prefer the pink tinted colour of it. I’ve been using this nearly every day on the top of my non-existent cheekbones to add a bit of shape.
Now I haven’t been a wearer of lipstick really until fairly recently… But I’ve fallen in love with my Mac Lady Danger :) I was applying it straight onto my lips, but I tried it with the Emite lip brush and really loved it. It was a lot more precise and when combining Lady Danger with some of the Maybelline Naked Brown lipstick from my first Glossybox, just at the corners, I got a really full lip effect. It did take a little time to do, so it’s not for those days when I’m rushing out of the door… But I’ll be giving it a go again at some point.

May

John Freida Frizz-Ease Original 6 Effects Serum, Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic, Scholl Velvet Smooth Overnight Mask, Maybelline Colourshow Crystallize Nail Polish in Nearly Black, B. Sheer Conditioning Lipstick in Flamingo.
This box was free as I’d collected enough ‘Glossydots’ from completing some surveys on the products I’d received previously and for referring a friend, woohoo.
The Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic I was really excited about, having seen it used in a few YouTube tutorials. However, I’m slightly disappointed with this product. I can’t really see what difference it makes, I think it’s far too sheer… Even on a pale person!  This was the only product I wasn’t happy with, all of the others were awesome.
I’ve been using the John Freida Serum after every hair wash and I’m definitely noticing a difference in the texture of my hair. I wouldn’t say that it’s less frizzy, but it’s definitely softer than it was. I can see this lasting a long time, as I only use one pump at a time which is such a minimal amount… So we’ll see what happens to the frizz over time. If I blow dry my hair, it stays frizz free… But if I let it air dry and go curly as it naturally does, it’s so frizzy it’s ridiculous. So much for looking like that woman on the TV advert with perfectly glossy curls, sigh.
The B. Lipstick in Flamingo is a fantastic colour, sort of a coral-ly pink. The only negative points are the packaging, which is fairly cheap and flimsy, and also that the product has shimmer in it. I’m not one for shimmer on the lips, just a personal preference. These retail for £3.49 at Superdrug, great price point, but they only come in a limited range of shades which is a shame. But that said, the colour is fantastic and it’s definitely moisturising and fairly long lasting. They wear off nicely instead of leaving that lipstick outline I normally get.
I’ve tried the Scholl Velvet Smooth Overnight Mask twice overnight. I found it quite sticky and it wasn’t a comfortable nights sleep with it. Maybe I’ll try it with socks on next time. My feet definitely felt softer though which was nice. I’ll be persevering with this one, maybe doing it once a week. My feet are one of my least favourite parts, so getting them summer ready is important.
I also got a couple of extras, a sample of Garnier Oil Beauty Lotion and Ghost Fragrance in Eclipse… Loved the lotion, but the fragrance wasn’t for me. Still a plus to get some freebies.
Do any of you get Glossyboxes? What do you think of them? Let me know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment